- CREATE A PARTY Click on the birthday cake icon for Parties in the side menu of your POP page. Click the green Create Party button. Give your new Party a name and select a cover photo. You can decide if you would like to have your party set to public or private (see bullet [a] below). You will also be able to decide when your party will be open for shopping; the default is set to open (see bullet [b] below). Finally, you can choose to create albums in your party using a specific attribute as the guide (see bullet [c] below). Once your party is created, you'll need to complete the rest of the steps to add items for your customers to view and claim.
- [a] Anyone can access a public Party as long as they have the link. Setting your Party as non-public gives you more control over who can access your Party. With a non-public Party, users must request to join and wait for your approval before they can shop. You can manage these approvals by clicking the Menu button next to the Party name and selecting Manage Approvals. Setting your Party as non-public can be useful if you want to mediate approvals into this party (for VIP groups where you only want to allow certain people in, for example).
- [b] Setting the party as "Open for Shopping" means that shoppers will be able to see the contents when viewed. If you want to wait to show non-admins the party, simply uncheck this box. A multi-sale is a perfect example of a situation where you might want to wait for all admins to load. In order for shoppers to shop, you will need to check the box manually to start, or set a time for the party to be available in the date/time option that appears when "Open for Shopping" is not checked. You can also set a time for the party to end. The party doesn't go away at the end time, it will be automatically hidden from shoppers. You can change it back to open any time.
- [c] Creating albums based on an attribute is a great way to organize your party for your shoppers. Once they are inside an album, they can filter using anything else, so you'll want to choose your most general attribute as your album guide. Some examples might be: "Style" for clothing, "Product" for health and beauty items, "Category" for books. You can choose whatever you'd like, and it's fun to play around with it and see how it works out. Parties are so easy to make, you could have a few available with different albums to shop. Some customers might like to shop by color for example, others with all styles grouped by size. Anything claimed in one party will show as claimed in all parties, so there's no risk of overselling like on Facebook album sales.
- ADD ITEMS TO THE PARTY From your Manage Inventory page, you can select the items you want to add, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add to Party" under the Parties heading. You will be given the a drop down menu at the bottom of the page to select the party. Select your Party and click the blue "Add to Party" button. You can verify your selections by going to your Parties page. Click on your Party you will be able to see what you have added right away.
- COPY YOUR LINK TO SHARE On the Parties page, click on the clipboard button next to the name of your Party to copy the link that has been created for your Party. You can then paste it to share with your customers. You can post this on Facebook, send in an email or text.
Here is a helpful video tutorial:
Or you can check out our foundations blog article: